April 1, 2023
If you’re a resident of the Westchester County or Pound Ridge, NY area and you heat your home with oil, you may want to ask yourself if it’s time to replace your oil tank. While not an easy question to answer, there are often signs your oil tank may be on its last leg. The experts at Marshall Oil are here to advise you on what to look for to know when your oil tank needs replacement and the benefits of replacing your tank. Keep reading to learn more!
How to Know If Your NY of CT Oil Tank Should Be Replaced
It’s important to know that oil tanks deteriorate from the inside out. Therefore, although your tank may appear in great shape, it could be internally corroding. Here are some signs it’s time for an oil tank replacement:
- Dents and/or rust spots on the outside of the tank
- Instability or uneven placement
- Evidence of oil leaks around or on the ground or underneath the tank
- Split or damaged rubber seals around the oil lines
- Using oil faster than expected
Top Benefits of Oil Tank Replacement
Replacing your oil tank at the first sign of a problem has many potential benefits:
- Helps avoid tank failure. Tank failure is not something a homeowner wants to go through. Not only can an oil leak leave behind a noxious smell, but you could wind up having to deal with an expensive hazardous waste cleanup situation.
- Protects your furnace or boiler. Your aging oil tank may have a layer of sludge and sediment at the bottom. This sludge could seep into your furnace or boiler, leading to a costly repair or replacement.
- Increases safety. Older oil tanks can have unstable legs, lack protective tubing around oil lines, or have a clogged vent pipe. A replacement oil tank does away with all of these problems.
- Saves energy. A new oil tank may save you some money thanks to increased efficiency, especially if you’ve been going through oil faster than usual.
Related Post: Top Signs You Need an Oil Tank Replacement in NY & CT
Ready to Schedule Your Oil Tank Replacement with Marshall Oil?
The team at Marshall Oil is excited to work with you on replacing your oil tank. We’re a full-service, local energy company that’s been serving New York and Connecticut families for 80 years! In addition to oil tank replacement, we offer heating system maintenance, budget plans, and oil delivery services. If you’re looking to work with a company that takes your home comfort seriously, reach out to us using our online contact form, and a friendly and knowledgeable team member will get in touch with you as soon as possible.